Monday 8 July 2013

JK...Canada.

So much has gone here! JK...This is Canada we're talking about.
I've been searching pretty heavily for a job, and have even gotten an offer already! Just keep on praying that I find the job that will pay what I need it to:)
Last weekend, we went to our cousin's lakehouse for the day, and it was super fun. They're pretty much the only people in Canada that we know, so simply having someone to talk to that we weren't seeing through a computer screen was SO great! They own a boat rental, so we got to go out and use their boats and tubes and kayaks and stuff, so we were always entertained.
Yesterday, Molly, Mom and I went back to Church on 99 and I really liked it. Its a super hipster church, the worship is unbelievable, and I never feel like its too 'old' or out of place.
This week and next are going to be extremely difficult weeks for me and Molly. Ready, Set, Go is this week, and for me and Molly, who haven't missed a year of RSG/VBS since we started going to First Pres, not being there this week is really hard. God does such amazing things during that week, through both the participants and leaders. I don't do well with missing out on events, so the fact that I dont even have a chance of being there is tearing me up. Another thing that has really been heavy on my heart is Jekyll. I've gone for the past 4 years, and missing out on my last year there is rough. Needless to say, me and Molly aren't really handling it too well. As much as I would love to say that I'm getting aquainted with the  country and its working out for me to be here...its not. Edmonton pretty much shuts down during the summer, so finding people to get to know is rougher than I thought. I also haven't had much to do since I got here, which means that my day revolves around using my laptop and watching tv until my parents go to bed, when me and Molly eat Nutella ice cream. Just take a moment to let that sink in. Summer after senior year, and my life consists of finding the comfiest spot on the couch that I can still sit in when my laptop is charging. Our house is also a lot smaller than our old one, which surprisingly rises stress levels within the family. To say that its been rough would be an understatement.
As always, keep us in your prayers, and hopefully, we'll be seeing you soon:)

1 comment: